PLC Motor Control (Summer 2018)
- Course ID
- Distance Learning (Web Courses)
- Summer 2018 lasts from Monday, July 9, 2018 to Thursday, August 30, 2018
- Covers programmable logic controllers (PLCs) in programming and control of AC electric motors found in industrial, commercial, and residential applications. Hands-on training using the Amatrol Motor Control System 85-MT5 allows learners to gain understanding of the operation, installation, design, and troubleshooting of AC electric motor control circuits and many common applications. Students develop skills in interpreting schematics, ladder logic diagrams, system design, motor start/stop circuits, motor sequence control, reversing motor control and motor jogging. Safety is emphasized throughout, highlighting motor safety, lockout/tagout and safety interlocks.
- Offered as a Web-based class over the Internet. Information about Web-based classes and required orientations are at https://roguecc.blackboard.com. All online teachers expect students to participate in the class during the first week of the term. Check the syllabus and course orientation to find out what the teacher expects and by when. Students not participating during the first week may be subject to administrative drop.
- Distance learning fee of $30, in addition to regular tuition, will be assessed.
- While much of the content for this course is available online via Blackboard, students are required to attend about three hours of hands-on lab time per week to be successful.
- Book Cost Notes
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees