Intro to Embedded Systems (Summer 2018)
- Course ID
- Distance Learning (Web Courses)
- Summer 2018 lasts from Monday, July 9, 2018 to Thursday, August 30, 2018
- Provides students with a hands-on introduction to embedded systems and basic electronic interfacing circuits. Introduces DC circuits that are used with embedded systems. Explores the use of embedded C programming language to control a microcontroller to turn on and off LEDs, motors and speakers. Enhanced learning provided by practical lab projects and programming to implement decisions based on input conditions to control output interface circuits. The lab assignments provide opportunities for increased knowledge and proficiency in the proper use of industry-standard electronics test equipment.
- Offered as a Web-based class over the Internet. Information about Web-based classes and required orientations are at https://roguecc.blackboard.com. All online teachers expect students to participate in the class during the first week of the term. Check the syllabus and course orientation to find out what the teacher expects and by when. Students not participating during the first week may be subject to administrative drop.
- Distance learning fee of $40, in addition to regular tuition, will be assessed.
- While much of the content for this course is available online via Blackboard, students are required to attend about three hours of hands-on lab time per week to be successful.
- Book Cost Notes
This section has no required book costs. There may be optional materials.
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees