Introduction to Sociology (Summer 2018)
- Course ID
- Distance Learning (Web Courses)
- Summer 2018 lasts from Monday, July 9, 2018 to Thursday, August 30, 2018
- Surveys theories and findings of sociology, including culture, individuals and groups, socialization, stratification and social control. It is designed to acquaint students with the social forces that impact the lives of individuals. Close attention is paid to social class, gender, and race as they impact life experiences. Focus is primarily on U.S. and Western societies, with some cross-cultural comparisons. Fulfills cultural literacy requirement within the Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer degree.
- Offered as a Web-based class over the Internet. Information about Web-based classes and required orientations are at https://roguecc.blackboard.com. All online teachers expect students to participate in the class during the first week of the term. Check the syllabus and course orientation to find out what the teacher expects and by when. Students not participating during the first week may be subject to administrative drop.
- Distance learning fee of $40, in addition to regular tuition, will be assessed.
- or BT113
- or ACCUPLACER Sentence Skills Score: 95
- Book Cost Notes
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees