Digital Fundamentals II (Summer 2018)
- Course ID
- Distance Learning (Web Courses)
- Summer 2018 lasts from Monday, July 9, 2018 to Thursday, August 30, 2018
- Examines advanced combinational logic synthesis, implementation of logic circuits and systems with TTL and CMOS devices, minimization techniques, and analog to digital conversion circuitry. Includes information on sequential circuits (flip-flop, register transfer), and hands-on troubleshooting of digital circuits with digital logic analyzers. Includes exploration of complex programmable logic devices using Xilinx ISE 7.1 Webpack software and CoolRunner architecture. Students will accomplish multiple hands-on labs using the Digilent XCRP Developmental Board. Coursework also includes exploration of digital communication protocols (e.g., JTAG, USB, GPIB, RS232), and an introduction to the Atmel AVR microcontroller including architecture, addressing, and assembly language for basic programming projects.
- Offered as a Web-based class over the Internet. Information about Web-based classes and required orientations are at https://roguecc.blackboard.com. All online teachers expect students to participate in the class during the first week of the term. Check the syllabus and course orientation to find out what the teacher expects and by when. Students not participating during the first week may be subject to administrative drop.
- Distance learning fee of $40, in addition to regular tuition, will be assessed.
- While much of the content for this course is available online via Blackboard, students are required to attend about three hours of hands-on lab time per week to be successful.
- Book Cost Notes
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees