Introduction to Renewable Energy Systems (Summer 2018)
- Course ID
- Distance Learning (Web Courses)
- Summer 2018 lasts from Monday, July 9, 2018 to Thursday, August 30, 2018
- Introduces the topics of solar, hydro, thermal, wind, bio-fuels, and control and conversion systems. Students will also learn appropriate safety practices, terminology, and mathematics concepts/applications tied to renewable energy sources and systems. Topics include battery storage, solar panel and wind turbine theory and application, voltage conversion and control systems, and are tied to hands-on projects and application assignments.
- Offered as a Web-based class over the Internet. Information about Web-based classes and required orientations are at https://roguecc.blackboard.com. All online teachers expect students to participate in the class during the first week of the term. Check the syllabus and course orientation to find out what the teacher expects and by when. Students not participating during the first week may be subject to administrative drop.
- Distance learning fee of $30, in addition to regular tuition, will be assessed.
- While much of the content for this course is available online via Blackboard, students are required to attend about three hours of hands-on lab time per week to be successful.
- Book Cost Notes
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees