Exploration of Alternative Energies (Summer 2018)
- Course ID
- Distance Learning (Web Courses)
- Summer 2018 lasts from Monday, July 9, 2018 to Thursday, August 30, 2018
- Explores the basic principles behind energy and introduces the various types of energy sources, distribution methods, and the consequences of the use of each source. Emphasis is on the physical principles behind energy and the related effects on our environment. In addition, students will explore and integrate the questions of energy policy in combination with potential energy strategies to build a sustainable future.
- Offered as a Web-based class over the Internet. Information about Web-based classes and required orientations are at https://roguecc.blackboard.com. All online teachers expect students to participate in the class during the first week of the term. Check the syllabus and course orientation to find out what the teacher expects and by when. Students not participating during the first week may be subject to administrative drop.
- Distance learning fee of $30, in addition to regular tuition, will be assessed.
- While much of the content for this course is available online, students are required to attend about five hours of hands-on lab time per week to be successful. Students must attend a face-to-face orientation during the first week of the term. Instructor-led labs are available Tuesday through Friday at the Table Rock Campus and Redwood Campus.
- or ACCUPLACER Arithmetic Score: 75
- or ACCUPLACER Elementary Algebra Score: 20
- or ACCUPLACER College Algebra Score: 1
- Book Cost Notes
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees