Introduction to Mechatronics (Summer 2018)
- Course ID
- Distance Learning (Web Courses)
- Summer 2018 lasts from Monday, July 9, 2018 to Thursday, August 30, 2018
- Uses a Parallax Boe-Bot as the centerpiece for students learning mechanical assembly, programming, and motion control in automated systems. Introduces digital concepts including binary number systems and basic logic as well as concepts and components in DC electronics fundamentals. Includes fundamentals of programming in PBasic; instruction on how to interface input/output ports to LEDs, sensors, and audio piezo speaker elements; and electrical assembly techniques, safety, and soldering of through-hole and surface mount components. Students design, program and implement final Boe-Bot projects to demonstrate course content mastery.
- Offered as a Web-based class over the Internet. Information about Web-based classes and required orientations are at https://roguecc.blackboard.com. All online teachers expect students to participate in the class during the first week of the term. Check the syllabus and course orientation to find out what the teacher expects and by when. Students not participating during the first week may be subject to administrative drop.
- Distance learning fee of $40, in addition to regular tuition, will be assessed.
- While much of the content for this course is available online via Blackboard, students are required to attend about three hours of hands-on lab time per week to be successful.
- or ACCUPLACER Arithmetic Score: 75
- or ACCUPLACER Elementary Algebra Score: 20
- or ACCUPLACER College Algebra Score: 1
- or WR90
- or WR91
- or ACCUPLACER Sentence Skills Score: 70
- Book Cost Notes
This section has no required book costs. There may be optional materials.
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees