Introduction to Operating Systems (Summer 2018)
- Course ID
- Distance Learning (Web Courses)
- Summer 2018 lasts from Monday, July 9, 2018 to Thursday, August 30, 2018
- Develops competency in basic and advanced concepts and commands of the three industry-standard operating systems. Emphasis is placed on installation and conductivity of the operating systems. Topics include the comparison of various operating systems (Windows, Linux and Apple), input/output control, introduction to the command line, software and operating systems installation, customization, and windowing environments. Designed for students in any discipline.
- Offered as a Web-based class over the Internet. Information about Web-based classes and required orientations are at https://roguecc.blackboard.com. All online teachers expect students to participate in the class during the first week of the term. Check the syllabus and course orientation to find out what the teacher expects and by when. Students not participating during the first week may be subject to administrative drop.
- Requires computer system with 4.0GB or more of RAM, 40GB free hard drive space, and Hardware Virtualization (VT-x) settings in the BIOS enabled.
- Distance learning fee of $40, in addition to regular tuition, will be assessed.
- Book Cost Notes
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees