Concepts in Computing I (Includes Lab) (Summer 2018)
- Course ID
- Distance Learning (Web Courses)
- Summer 2018 lasts from Monday, July 9, 2018 to Thursday, August 30, 2018
- Covers computer terminology, understanding how key components function, the guidelines for purchasing computer equipment or software, how the Internet works, system utilities and strategies that can help protect online users. The role of the operating system and how files are stored and organized will also be covered. In the lab portion of the course, students will learn how to use word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software. Additionally, e-mail, Internet, basic Windows operating systems fundamentals and file management skills will be covered.
- Offered as a Web-based class over the Internet. Information about Web-based classes and required orientations are at https://roguecc.blackboard.com. All online teachers expect students to participate in the class during the first week of the term. Check the syllabus and course orientation to find out what the teacher expects and by when. Students not participating during the first week may be subject to administrative drop.
- Students must have access to a computer running Windows 10 and Office 2016.
- Distance learning fee of $40, in addition to regular tuition, will be assessed.
- Book Cost Notes
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees