Fire Behavior and Combustion (Fall 2017)
- Course ID
- TRC, Table Rock Campus, White City
- Fall 2017 lasts from Monday, September 25, 2017 to Friday, December 08, 2017
- Assists students in gaining a solid understanding of the theories and fundamentals of how and why fires start and spread as well as how they are controlled. It will develop and enhance their knowledge of combustion reactions in solids, liquids, and gasses. Students will demonstrate an understanding of English and System International (SI) measurements, the physical and chemical properties of combustion, terminology associated with fire and combustion, and demonstrate an applied knowledge of fire suppression and fire dynamics. This course meets Department of Public Safety Standards and Training #25-08 and #43-02.
- Additional hours outside of scheduled class time required for credit. See instructor for details.
- Corequisite: FRP251/251L.
- Class involves live fire evolutions.
- Requires $100 equipment rental charge be paid to the RCC Bookstore and includes firefighter helmet, coat, pants, boots and SCBA.
- Book Cost Notes
- Estimated Tuition
- Estimated Fees