RCC Policy and Procedures
You are on academic warning because:
- You did not earn a term or cumulative GPA of 2.0, or
- You did not pass 50% of the credits attempted for two consecutive terms of enrollment, or
- You earned a grade of Z, W, D, F, or NP twice for the same class.
You are encouraged to meet with Counseling Department staff to:
- Review your academic warning status and the satisfactory academic progress policy.
- Inform you of the ramifications of continued unsatisfactory academic progress.
- Develop an academic assistance plan.
You will remain in Academic Warning Status when a term GPA of 2.0 and successful completion rate of 50% of attempted credits, earning A, B, C, and P grades is achieved, but the cumulative GPA remains below 2.0.
DON’T GIVE UP!!
Most of the time a student who returns after a difficult term completes the
majority of his or her classes and improves his or her grade point average.