The RCC Music Department offers a variety of introductory classes as well as courses that prepare students for transfer to a four-year music program. Community members who enjoy music performance or students interested in musical careers are welcome to enroll in classes.
Chamber Orchestra MUP142
- Open to students and community members who play orchestral string, woodwind, brass, or percussion instruments. Presents standard orchestral literature and light popular classics. Rehearsals held 6:30-8:20 p.m. Wednesdays in Grants Pass.
- Open to students and community members who enjoy studying and performing choral music. People of all ages bring their energy and experience to the chorus, which focuses on classics, jazz, Broadway, contemporary, and world music. Musical ability and reading skills recommended. The Grants Pass chorus rehearses 7-8:50 p.m. Mondays; Kerby chorus rehearses 7-8:50 Tuesdays in the Illinois Valley; and the Medford chorus rehearses 1:30-3:20 p.m. Thursdays.
Concert Band MUP102
- Open to students and community members of all ages, regardless of experience. The ensemble plays a variety of standard concert band literature and performs several concerts during the school year. Prerequisites include the ability to read music, approximately two years playing experience, ownership of a brass or woodwind instrument, and a desire to have fun playing music with others. The Grants Pass band rehearses 7-8:50 p.m. Monday at North Middle School.
Jazz Ensemble MUP105
- Open to students and community members who play trumpet, trombone, saxophone, keyboard, percussion, bass and lead guitar. Music reading skills required. Rehearsals/classes held 6:30-8:20 p.m. Thursdays in Medford.
- Music Fundamentals MUS101
- Music in World Cultures MUS108
- Music Theory and Aural Skills MUS111-113, 211-213
- Group Guitar MUS137
- Introduction to Music and Its Literature MUS201-203
- Introduction to Jazz Music and Its Literature MUS205
- Introduction to Rock Music and its Literature MUS206
- Music Appreciation MUS105
- Piano MUS131 & MUS132
- Introduction to Blues, Rock, and Jazz Improvisation on Fretted Instruments
- Applied lessons for majors and nonmajors on voice and instruments MUP100
- Hand Drum Assembly: open to anyone who enjoys playing in a drum circle. No experience required. MUS199