Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT)
Associate of Applied Science degree offered by Portland Community College at Jackson/Josephine county clinical sites (when available)
- Are you fascinated by medicine?
- Do you like working with computers?
- Is detail work easy for you?
Then MLT may be for you!
About the Program
This is a distance-delivered program with most of the classes available online through PCC. Clinical laboratory practice will be completed at local area medical laboratories, although some day or weekend-travel to other labs may be necessary throughout the program. Prerequisite classes and electives can be taken at RCC. Acceptance into the PCC MLT Program is on a very limited basis, dependent on clinical space available. Preference is given to students already working at a local medical facility.
Steps to getting started through RCC:
- Find out about the PCC MLT Program
- Call 1-541-245-7846 for local advising information and space available for entry into the PCC MLT program.
- Get your pre-requisites taken care of at RCC. You can do that by a combination of:
- Testing out of them using our free placement test exam
- Getting them waived by showing prior college transcripts to an advisor and/or
- taking the prerequisite classes at RCC.
What will it be like in the program?
It is very hard to work full-time while in the program. In particular, it is recommended you work only part-time during the last year of the program.