CONFERENCE & FILM SERIES
"I'm Just Like You Only Different:
The Human Face of Change"
8 a.m.-4 p.m. October 28, 2011
Medford Library Community Room
Lunch provided, no charge
By putting a human face on social issues,
participants will become better informed about:
- Challenges for Undocumented Latino Youth
- Issues for Returning Veterans
- Impacts of Home Foreclosure
12 p.m., October 7, 14, 21
RCC/SOU Higher Education Center
Presentation Hall, Medford — no charge
Conference Format: Experts will explain the facts about each topic, panelists will share their personal experiences, and attendees will explore their own thoughts and feelings about each topic in facilitated exercises. Registration starts Sept. 12.
*To earn 1-college credit, contact Linda Barnes RCC Counseling Department, 541- 245-7748.
Film Series: Additional background on conference topics. Films start at noon:
- Friday, Oct. 7: “Papers,” stories about undocumented youth.
- Friday, Oct. 14: “The Welcome,” features lives of returning veterans.
- Friday, Oct. 21: “Inside Job,” a film about the economic crisis of 2008.
Co-Sponsors: American Association of University Women, Medford Branch, and the League of Women Voters, Rogue Valley.
Underwriters: Oregon Humanities and the RCC Diversity Programming Board.
This program made possible in part by a grant from Oregon Humanities, a statewide nonprofit organization and an independent affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities, which funds OH’s grant program.