Individualized Career Training offers you the opportunity to learn directly from an employer. You receive hands-on training while earning college credit. Interns generally train between three and nine months, depending on interest and availability. These credits can be applied to the AAOT or AGS degrees as elective credits.
Skills Training Goals (may vary by site)
- Harvest processing procedures
- Pressing procedures.
- Fermentation process.
- Perform sanitation effectively.
- Racking procedures.
- Barreling process.
- Principles of harvest monitoring
- Utilize standard testing procedures
- Conducting effective bottling procedures.
- Performing the packaging process.
- Principles of quality control to product.
- Requires physical labor, tasks included are not limited to the following:
- Working with and cleaning pumps, presses, tanks, bins, barrel washing, mopping and various duties as assigned.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
The Rogue Valley is home to many award winning wines. If you're interested in learning more about internships in the wine industry, contact Lynn Black.
Skills Training Instructor
Individualized Career Training
541-245-7557 - Riverside Campus
541-956-7092 - Redwood Campus