Respond to Correspondence
If you’ve already completed your FAFSA on the Web application, you are now ready to proceed to STEP 2.
- How do you apply?
- What happens next?
- Are you in control?
- STEP 1: Complete the FAFSA on the Web
- STEP 2: Respond to Correspondence--Watch for e-mails from myRogue Team at RCC. The financial aid office will communicate with you via the myRogueTeam@roguecc.edu e-mail address.
- STEP 3: Take Charge of Your Finances
The FAFSA information you submitted in STEP 1 is processed by the federal processor then transmitted to RCC generally within one week of application. RCC will promptly send you a Financial Aid Information Request (FAIR) to collect further information from you. Additionally, if you have been selected for verification, you will be asked to submit a verification worksheet with documentation of income (you and your spouse’s/parents taxes).
- Review your processed FAFSA information (Student Aid Report). If it is correct, keep it for your records. If corrections are necessary, bring your SAR to a Rogue Central service counter.
- Read all communications received from the Financial Aid Office and provide all documentation requested as quickly and accurately as possible.
If you did not keep a copy of your federal tax forms, you may obtain a copy or transcript of federal tax forms by calling the IRS at 800-829-1040 or submitting an IRS Form 4506 (available at a Rogue Central service counter) to the IRS at PO Box 9941 • Photocopy Unit • Stop 6734 • Ogden, UT 84409. Tax transcripts are mailed to your home address, free of charge and require approximately two weeks for delivery. Do not submit tax information to RCC unless requested.
*NOTE: THE FILE REVIEW PROCESS AT RCC AVERAGES 3 MONTHS (during peak processing times, RCC processing time may extend to12 weeks) from the date you submit all completed documentation. Be sure to respond to all inquiries with clear and detailed responses submitted in a timely manner:
- Mail it to 3345 Redwood Hwy, Grants Pass, OR 97527; or
- Bring it to a Rogue Central Services for Students Counter; or
- Fax it to our office at 541-471-3532.
Once all requested documentation has been received, your financial aid file at RCC is complete. After processing is complete you should receive an Award Letter or Eligibility Notification from the Financial Aid office indicating the types (and, in the case of grant assistance, the amounts) of financial aid you have been awarded (or are eligible to participate in a supplemental application process to participate in).