Top Student Entrepreneur Scholarship (ID 4011)
- Start Date:
- As a group of entrepreneurs, we know how hard it is to get a company off of the ground. We've been in your shoes — going to class, eating ramen noodles, studying for finals, and hustling to get a company started before graduation. Today, we're excited to announce the Top Student Entrepreneur Scholarship.
Our goal with this scholarship is to help aspiring business leaders, entrepreneurs, marketers, and technologists pay for school and take a risk on starting a business while an undergraduate. We don’t want the cost of school to stand in the way of your decision to start up a company, so we’re helping in the best way we see fit. Enter The Top Student Entrepreneur Scholarship to showcase your marketing skills and have a chance at winning $1,000 towards your tuition!
- Min GPA:
- Applicants to The Top Student Entrepreneur Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
• 3.0 GPA or higher
• University student at an eligible institution*
• Interested in entrepreneurship (contest open to all undergraduate majors)
*You must currently be enrolled at, or be an incoming undergraduate student at an accredited post-secondary institution (as defined by the US Department of Education) for the Spring 2018 semester. You must be able to provide documentation to confirm your enrollment upon request.
- Special Criteria:
- 1. Submit your 3-minute video
Imagine you’re launching a social network at your University. Come up with a marketing plan to attract the first 10,000 users to your site. You’re strapped for cash and you only have $500 to spend on marketing, so paid advertising can’t be the sole acquisition method. Be creative! Explain what channels you would use, what your messaging would be, and how you would achieve rapid growth.
Upload a video describing your marketing strategy to your YouTube channel. Submit the link to this video on your scholarship application by clicking here (https://john8.typeform.com/to/XIchWi).
2. Share your video
Put your marketing skills into practice. Get as many people to give your YouTube video a thumbs up before January 1st, 2019. The top 10 most up-voted videos will move on to the final round of The Top Student Entrepreneur Scholarship.
3. Compete in the finals
We have hand selected the top marketing minds across multiple industries to judge the top 10 finalists. They will evaluate your entry on a set rubric that includes sections on creativity, quality of presentation, financial soundness, and thoroughness of the strategy.
The winner of The Top Student Entrepreneur Scholarship will be named on January 14th. We will directly pay your University $1,000 for your tuition.