$3000 Scholarship from the Law Firm of Eisner Gorin LLP (ID 4007)
- Start Date:
- The Los Angeles criminal defense law firm of Eisner Gorin LLP is offering a $3,000 scholarship to students who have an interest in pursuing a career in law. Our law firm partners understand the value of an education and the need to help students achieve their goal. The high cost of education, including tuition, housing, and books frequently makes it difficult for many students achieve their dream in a career in the field of law. In an effort to makes financial issues a little easier, our law firm is offering this scholarship to any student. The ability to apply for this scholarship is open to any individual currently enrolled in a college or graduate program, or actively applying to attend one such program in 2018 or 2019.
- All applicants for the Eisner Gorin LLP Law Firm $3,000 Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
• Must be enrolled in an accredited college, university, or law school in the United States. This includes high school seniors, freshman, sophomores, juniors, seniors, and law students.
• Applicant needs to provide the name of the school where they are enrolled or seeking enrollment for 2018 or 2019 school year.
• Applicant needs to include in the essay the financial need for the scholarship
Our attorneys expect a high level of writing quality in the essay in both structure and content. We look forward to reading your submission.
- Special Criteria:
- Essay Topic
To apply for the Eisner Gorin LLP Law Firm Scholarship, applicants must submit a 500+ word essay on the following topic:
Criminal Justice Problems – Our criminal justice leaders need to think strategically to develop comprehensive solutions to crime and justice. Among the many challenges we face in the United States are criminal behavior trends like violence, gangs, human trafficking, sex crimes, and cyber crimes. It has been estimated that well over 50% of men who are arrested test positive for drugs. There is a clear connection between drug use and criminal activity. Would decriminalizing certain drugs make it less of a problem?
The incarceration rate in the United States is the highest in the world. It has been estimated there are around 2 million people incarcerated in the U.S. for crimes and about 6 million people under direct supervision. Our leaders need to figure out why and how to deal with the problem. The incarceration rate not only impacts the offender, but it also has a major impact on their family. What can be done?
The scholarship will be awarded based on the quality and uniqueness of the essay.
Essay Submission Procedure
Any student who wishes to participate in the $3,000 scholarship offer should send their essay attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the body of the email, applicants should include the following information:
• Your name and phone number
• If under 18, contact information for your parents
• The name of the school you are attending or planning to attend
• Your current course of study
Our law firm partners will review your essay and choose a winner by December 1, 2018. The winner will choose based on originality and creativity of the essay.