IEEE Frances B. Hugle Scholarship (ID 4002)
- Start Date:
- The IEEE Frances B. Hugle Scholarship is established to honor the memory of Frances B. Hugle’s many significant engineering accomplishments, and provide the resources for female engineers to follow in her footsteps. Annually, the scholarship will be presented to one female who has completed two years of undergraduate study in an engineering curriculum at an accredited university or college within the United States.
- Min GPA:
- Full(12+ Credits)
• A female IEEE Student Member
• A full-time student who has completed two (2) years of undergraduate study in an engineering curriculum at an accredited university or college within the United States.
• Applicant may apply multiple times, but can only be awarded the scholarship one time.
- Special Criteria:
- Basis of selection
• Two essays: (1) 1,000 words on why the applicant wants to go into the engineering profession, and (2) 500 words on why the applicant should receive the Scholarship.
• Evidence of at least a 3.7 grade point average on a 4.0 scale
• Two letters of recommendation: (1) from an academic reference, such as a professor or department chair, and (2) from a personal reference who knows the applicant well and can comment on her character.
• The selected candidate shall be selected from the successful applicants meeting the eligibility requirements of this award.