Ben Carrasco Annual Scholarship Contest (ID 3986)
- Start Date:
- Divorce is, unfortunately, very common in our society today. Everyone has likely heard the saying that “half of all marriages end in divorce.” While experts who analyze divorce rates say this statistic is actually very misleading, if not completely false, there is no denying the fact that about 877,000 married couples in the U.S. seek out a divorce attorney for a divorce or an annulment each year.
Divorce is a life-changing event for all parties, especially when children are involved. It’s a complicated, emotional process that often has significant effects on a child’s development and day-to-day life. If you’re a child of divorce, or are simply interested in a career in family law, we want to hear from you. The Law Office of Ben Carrasco is awarding a $1,000 scholarship to current or incoming college students.
- Eligibility is restricted to graduating high school seniors OR students enrolled in a college, trade school, or university for the spring 2018 semester.
- Special Criteria:
- Ben Carrasco Scholarship Essay Contest Overview
• Submit a 500 word essay that answers either of the following prompts:
1. Describe how your felt during your parents’ divorce and how it affected your day-to-day life; OR
• Why does a potential career in family law interest you?
• Eligibility is restricted to graduating high school seniors OR students enrolled in a college, trade school, or university for the spring 2018 semester.
• Essays must be submitted, along with a copy of your transcript or proof of enrollment, no later than 12:00pm EST on Monday, December 3, 2018.
• A winner will be selected and notified by Monday, December 17, 2018.