Health Education and Awareness Scholarship Program (ID 3970)
- Start Date:
- We are pleased to announce our Scholarship Guidelines for the academic year 2018-2019. One eligible candidate will be chosen, based on the quality, depth and research of their original essay.
Authority Health (AuthorityHealth.com) awards annual grants to support research on topics concerning health and nutraceuticals across a range of disciplines. Students and scholars who are pursuing research on questions of significance to the field of health and nutraceuticals, or work that deals with the themes of our work in comparative perspective, may apply. The Authority Health Research Awards are funded by gifts from the Authority Health Board.
- You must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program. Applications from outside the United States (in English) are welcome. There is no residency requirement. Open to applicants irrespective of age, gender or religion.
- Special Criteria:
- Potential Essay Topics
Research grants are awarded based on the 20 topics listed below. Qualified applicants must submit one original essay on any of the following categories:
• Nutrition and Diet
• Weight Loss and Maintenance
• General Health
• Sports and Exercise Nutrition
• Appetite Regulation
• Healthy Food Choices
• Skin Health
• Nutraceuticals and Natural Herbs For Health
• Men's Health
• Women's Health
The essay must be original, unpublished, and written in English. It should be well-researched and include, but not limited to, the following:
• Why should we know about this? Why is it important? (Category Selected).
• What are the common issues/problems encountered?
• What are some of the natural care or remedies that may be taken?
• What are the available treatment?
• Is there any preventative care?
• What are the latest research/trends of the selected topic?
• What other measures may be taken? (E.g. such as lifestyle, diet and exercise tips)
The essay should have 1,500-2000 words. You need to provide a creative insight/angle that will set you apart from other entries. Additionally it must be structured in the following manner:
• ABSTRACT - A short statement of the research question(s) describing your specific aims, contribution to the field, an overview of the methodology, and a short summary of the findings. Be sure to include a statement explaining what makes your project unique. (A maximum of 1 page).
• BODY OF THE TEXT - Elaborate and detail the nature and purpose of the essay, the scope of the work, and its contribution to the field. Essays should include an introduction, research paradigm, specific objectives, hypothesis, methodology, discussion and short concluding statements
• BIBLIOGRAPHY - (maximum of 1 page)
• SPACING - The essay may be single spaced or double spaced but please abide by the specifications for the maximum number of words (1,500-2000 words).
• PERSONAL INFORMATION - Applications must include the following information:
• - Name
• - Address
• - Telephone
• - Email