$5000 Northwest Registered Agent Business Scholarship (ID 3919)
- Start Date:
- Northwest Registered Agent is offering an annual $5,000 scholarship for any American high school senior who intends to pursue a degree in Business or a related field at an accredited college or university. NWRA believes in supporting and encouraging the next generation of business leaders, and to do so is now providing the NWRA Business Scholarship.
- Min GPA:
- The Northwest Registered Agent Business Scholarship is open to any individual who meets the following requirements:
• Is a US citizen/national/permanent-resident currently enrolled in a public American high school
• Will graduate high school at the end of the current academic year (Fall 2018 to Spring 2019)
• Has been or will be admitted to an accredited college or university
• Intends to pursue a degree in Business or a related field
• Maintains at the time of application a GPA of 3.5 or better
- Special Criteria:
- 2 Letters of Recommendation:
Please include two letters of recommendation from business leaders in your community. These could be from former employers or other business owners that know you well. Letters of recommendation cannot come from family members.
When answering the questions below, please include both the question and answer in your application.
Please answer each of the following questions in essay format (except for Question 6). For each individual question, please keep your answers between 300 and 600 words (1,500 to 3,000 words total for the first five questions, and then your list for Question 6).
1. This scholarship is an investment. So make your pitch. Why should we invest in you?
2. The Peter Principle™ is a theory that suggests that employees are promoted up the ladder until they reach a position they are not competent to hold. How will you avoid your final placement according to the Peter Principle™?
3. What does everyone in the business world get wrong? Explain how you would correct this mistake.
4. In a movie about your life, what 5 songs would you choose to be on the soundtrack and what scenes of the movie would they play in?
5. Mark and Chan Zuckerberg formed the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative LLC in 2015 as a charitable company that will be funded by billions of dollars of Facebook stock. But CZI was not formed as a typical non-profit corporation. In your opinion, why did the Zuckerbergs choose to form an LLC instead of a traditional non-profit corporation?
6. Make a List: 25 Random Things About Yourself. Feel free to list any 25 things that you like. This is your opportunity to “loosen your tie” and show us another side of your personality. You may use complete sentences or single words. It’s your list. Own it.