$500 Scholarship Offer From PosiRank (ID 3916)
- Start Date:
- PosiRank is the leading SEO platform, partnering with firms in an industry where staying on the cutting edge and managing production at scale are the keys to success. PosiRank.com is the premier wholesale SEO platform, assisting agencies, consultants and resellers use our white label promotional services to centralize, automate and grow their businesses.
At PosiRank, we know just how important a quality education can be in getting a foot up in the industry. Additionally, we recognize every dollar counts toward achieving the ultimate goal...a degree. With that in mind, PosiRank is proud to offer a $500 scholarship program to students attending a US accredited college or university.
The $500 scholarship is being offered for the college or university student who can demonstrate a flair for writing.
Most employment opportunities require a variety of writing types, even those not specifically designated as communications positions. Excellent writing skills present a professional, polished appearance, granting job seekers and employees an edge over the competition.
Students shouldn't assume that just because they're going into a field not designated as communication that writing is not important. On the contrary, with the abundance of emails, notes, letters, texts and even tweets and Facebook status updates in the workplace today, an increasing amount of time in any profession is spent writing.
Whether you're responding to an email, drafting a plan of action to a boss or writing a status update for the company's Facebook page, writing skills can boost you and your company's image, making a huge difference in how you appear to others.
With this in mind, applicants for this scholarship should submit a 1,000 word essay on the importance of quality writing using personal anecdotes or a story. Many times a message may not come across the way it was supposed to due to grammar errors or a project may have been submitted without the proper proofreading. What was the outcome? What did you learn? Or, what did the mistake make you think or feel about the person who did it?
- Min GPA:
- • You must have been accepted into an accredited college or university. Technical colleges are acceptable as well.
• Currently display a 3.0 GPA. If you're a GAP student applying to college after a year off, your last GPA in school must have been at least a 3.0.
• Must possess a high school diploma or GED
• Any class student may apply: rising Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors. Additionally, those seeking a scholarship for their Master's degree may apply as well.
- Special Criteria:
- • Submit an essay not to exceed 1000 words to firstname.lastname@example.org in either .doc or .pdf format
• We encourage creativity, with a liberal use of language, however, the essay should contain no vulgarity or profanity.
• Your essay should showcase your use of the English language, excellent grammar and a thorough understanding of the topic.
• Once submitted, the entries cannot be returned or edited.