Remote DBA Experts to Students Scholarship (ID 3813)
- Start Date:
- For the 2018-2019 academic year, Remote DBA, the leading remote dba experts in SQL Server and Oracle, is proud to offer a scholarship program for students interested in pursuing a data-focused or data science careers. We invite all current students, as well as graduating high school seniors, interested in pursuing a career in database administration, data management and data science to apply.
IDC estimates that last year, over 2 zettabytes of data was created. This number is projected to grow by twenty-fold by the year 2020 to 40 zettabytes or an equivalent of 5000GB for every man, woman and child on earth. Right now and in the near future, companies of all sizes will need data professionals, database administrators (DBAs), and data scientists to help manage and make sense of the enormous amount of new data generated.
We want to encourage students to pursue data-focused careers and to play an active role in the new data-centric global economy.
- Min GPA:
- • Students currently enrolled in an accredited college or university located in United States with a minimum 2.5 GPA.
• Graduating high school seniors with a GPA of 3.0 or above are also eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Special Criteria:
- To apply for the 2018-2019 “Experts to Students” scholarship, submit the following:
• Write an essay on the topic “My vision for the world 20 years from now: How access to data and technology will change everything around us.” In your essay, be sure to discuss the role of technology and easy access to information or data in transforming our everyday lives. We encourage you to be creative and to use specific examples. Think about both new emerging as well as science fiction-like futuristic technologies yet to be invented. Discuss how examples of these technologies may improve lives across urban, rural or global environments.
• Include a cover letter. Be sure to include your name, your college, school year, graduating year and intended major. In your cover letter, explain how you plan to use the scholarship and why we should select your application.