Toolsy 2018 Scholarship (ID 3773)
- Start Date:
- At The Toolsy, we believe in Craftship, which we define as having “great skill in creative endeavors”.
Some of us are woodworkers by trade, others writers. What we share in common is an intense desire to constantly hone and improve our craft, and to imbue everything we create with a distinct sense of style and stewardship.
We value creativity for its own sake, but if a creation betters the world around it, all the better.
Some people will argue that craftship is a dying art. Most people are knowledge workers, few people work with their hands, and style isn’t as important as scale.
Others argue that the internet has led to the commodification of skills and trades, and that a distinct sense of craftship is precisely what makes work stand out as unique in this age of digital noise.
- All students are eligible to apply.
- Special Criteria:
- We’d like to hear from YOU, and are prepared to offer a $500 scholarship (submitted by September 19, 2018) to the student (in high school or college) who best answers this question:
Craftship is as essential as ever in 2018. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?
lease read the instructions below carefully and apply using the form at the bottom of this page:
• Essay must be between 1000 and 1500 words
• Your essay must be submitted by 11:59 PM on September 19th, 2018 to qualify
• Every essay will be checked using software for plagarism. Those to be found using copied material will be immediately disqualified
• Your essay must be submitted in a Microsoft Word document