Whitley Law Firm Opioid Crisis Scholarship (ID 3747)
- Start Date:
- Whitley Law Firm, personal injury lawyers in Raleigh, North Carolina are dedicated to their clients and are committed to obtaining justice and fairness.
In 2016 it is believed that 64,000 Americans died from drug overdoses, 21 percent more than the rate in 2015, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Driving overdose deaths are opioids such as prescription painkillers, heroin, and fentanyl. Whitley would like to announce they have established the Whitley Law Firm Opioid Crisis Scholarship in the amount of $1,500 to support up and coming lawyers and raise the awareness of this ongoing epidemic.
- Min GPA:
- To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must be either a GED holder planning to attend college or currently enrolled in college, law school or graduate school. They also must have a GPA of at least 3.0 to show good academic standing. The recipient of this scholarship will have demonstrated their interest in serving the less privileged in our community.
- Special Criteria:
- To apply for this scholarship, interested candidates who meet the above criteria may submit their application to: email@example.com with the subject line: “[Applicant’s Name] – Opioid Crisis Scholarship” by the deadline to be considered. Please include:
• A current resume,
• An unofficial transcript,
• A 1,000-word essay discussing how the opioid crisis has personally affected them and how the problem can be alleviated in their community. The essay will address the legal issues that occur at both the local and federal levels of government and suggest solutions that could be implemented at both the personal and government levels to alleviate the escalating rates of addiction.