Julie Johnson Annual $500 Law Scholarship (ID 3712)
- Start Date:
- The Law Office of Julie Johnson understands the crucial importance of a college education. We also acknowledge that sometimes even the most deserving candidates don’t have the financial means to afford college. This is unfortunate because we know all too well that attending the right school can truly set you up for success.
Great careers don’t just happen on their own. We recognize that in order to reach their career goals, every successful lawyer leans on the support of family, friends and community. That’s why we are excited to help a new lawyer start the journey towards a fulfilling career in law, by way of our scholarship.
We are very pleased to announce the Law Office of Julie Johnson Scholarship. Helping a female law student in her pursuit of her law degree is a priority that’s close to our hearts. While it’s not possible for Julie Johnson to personally mentor all the female law students she’d like to, we hope that this scholarship can still help them on their journey in a meaningful way.
- The winner of the Julie Johnson $500 law scholarship contest will be selected by our attorneys based on participation in a video essay contest. In addition to recording an essay, participants are required to meet the following eligibility requirements:
• Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college in the US or are planning to matriculate in the fall of 2018.
• Must be in good academic standing if currently enrolled in college or high school.
• If an applicant is under 18, the permission of a parent or guardian.
• Applicant must be a female.
• Submission of the video essay by 8-01-2018.
- Special Criteria:
- After we receive the submissions, we will review them and choose a winner based on the quality of their essay. Among the factors we will consider in choosing a winner are the applicant’s creativity, originality, and potential for success in the legal field. Submissions should be between 1 and 3 minutes in length.
Please submit video essays (YouTube or Vimeo preferred) to email@example.com.
The Video Essay Topic
The video essay should respond to the following question:
• What most inspired you to pursue a career in Law?