AMVETS Scholarship (ID 3620)
- Start Date:
- $4,000 ($1,000 awarded annually over four years)
- Active Military/Veteran
- • Must be a United States Citizen
• Must provide evidence of active duty status or veteran status having served honorably
• Must have a high school diploma or GED
• Must demonstrate financial need
• Must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment to an eligible program
• Must not be in default on a federal student loan
• Must not be convicted under state or federal law for sale of or possession of illegal drugs
• Must agree to authorize AMVETS to publicize your scholarship award, if you are selected
- Special Criteria:
- • A copy of the veteran’s record of service demonstrating an honorable discharge (DD214)
or a letter from your commanding officer certifying active duty status or a copy of your Duty Orders
• A copy of your official high school or college/university transcripts for all courses attempted and any degrees or certificates awarded.
• A complete and signed copy of the applicant’s 1040 tax form must be enclosed. (Only the first two pages, no schedules or attachments.)
• A copy of the applicant’s Student Aid Report (SAR) from the free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
• Acceptance letter of letter stating student status from an accredited program.
• Essay (100 words): “How will this award help me accomplish my career/vocational goal(s)?”