Thumbtack Pro Scholarship (ID 3558)
- Start Date:
- Thumbtack is building the world’s largest local services marketplace. We’re an online service that connects people with experienced local professionals to help them accomplish millions of projects each year. 250,000 small business professionals actively use Thumbtack each quarter, across nearly 1,000 categories from house remodeling to event planning, music lessons to personal training. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised almost $300 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, and Google Capital.
We’re transforming local services and empowering the small businesses and independent professionals that are the economic engines of our communities. We’re dedicated to their success and to building opportunities for more individuals to become independent professionals and entrepreneurs - as well as to helping consumers hire the best professionals for things they want to accomplish, from home improvement to wellness, events, lessons, and everything in between.
One step we’re taking to further this commitment is offering a $2,500 scholarship to individuals enrolling in or continuing to pursue education opportunities that enable them to:
• Develop skills relevant to running a small service business
• Master a trade that is currently offered on Thumbtack
• Improve and expand their knowledge of entrepreneurship
- • You must currently be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or vocational program, or be planning to enroll in an undergraduate, graduate or vocational program during the 2018-2019 academic program in the United States.
• You must be pursuing a degree that enables you or others in your communities to learn a new trade, develop skills or start a small business.