Timberhill Dental Community Star Undergraduate Scholarship (ID 3547)
- Start Date:
- Dr. Kurt Black, the founder of Timberhill Dental, is a strong advocate of staying active in the local community. He is passionate about volunteering and frequently partners with local companies and leaders to better the community including the Assistance League of Corvallis and NW Medical Teams.
Occasionally referred to as the “Candy Dentist,” he is known for his annual Halloween “Dollars-Not-Decay” candy buy-back campaign that has collected over 10,000 pounds of candy; translating to more than $11,000 for local charities. Dr. Black also sponsors and donates materials for several tooth whitening charity events collecting more than $65,000 for community members in need of medical care, high school sports teams and other local non-profits.
In this spirit of community support, he has created the Timberhill Dental Community Star Scholarship program. And you don’t have to be a local of Corvallis, OR! Anyone that meets the eligibility requirements can apply for this scholarship by describing how a college education will help them bring positive change to the health of their local community.
- Min GPA:
- • U.S. Residency
• 3.25 GPA or above
• Applicants must be currently enrolled in college or university and continue to be enrolled in the following academic year
- Special Criteria:
- The application form requires:
• Contact information
• Proof of Legal Residency in the U.S.
• Proof of 3.25+ GPA
• A 500-700 word essay answering the following question: If you had the ability to change the health of your local community in one positive way, what would it be? Please be specific.