Geek Extreme $500 USD Scholarship (ID 3483)
- Start Date:
- Here at GeekExtreme, we are proud to discuss the wonders and advancements in technology that you and I can afford, and we hope to share our passion with you. Technology has made our lives a lot easier, dealing with mundane tasks and giving us more time to focus on more important aspects of our day to day activities. These gadgets can be used in a wide variety of things, but most importantly, these devices play a role in our daily routines. Either work, hobby, or school, technology helps their masters get even against the odds put against them by an ever-present busy workload. Alas, technology provides indispensable aid for people in all walks of life.
We also know the burden that students have to face daily, and through our own experiences, understand the immensity of what a laptop or phone can present in making school work or organization a bit easier. We know the importance of school in a person’s growth, but also understand the obstacles that plague students globally. No matter where you are, a student’s worst enemy is one and the same – money. Monetary barriers will be at a student’s doorstep the minute they even consider pursuing their education. Expenses can ambush you at every corner, from the student lodging – either in-university or through an apartment, to food expenses, countless books and paperwork, and the actual fees for the courses you want to take; it can be a tough road ahead financially.
We are proud to open an annual essay writing contest for our readers and their loved ones, with the main goal of assisting students in their expenses wherever they may be. Simply create an essay and you may get the chance to win a 500 USD Scholarship for any school of your choice!
The challenge we are offering is a simple one. Tell us how you think modern everyday technology can be used or integrated in improving an ongoing environmental problem concerning your local area, a specific area involved in the news, or the planet as a whole. Impress us with your idea and your passion for today’s latest technological trends, and you just might be selected as the winner of this yearly event! The winner gets 500 USD for the school of their choice, which they can use in that institution for whatever purpose they see fit. The deadline will be the 1st of June annually, with one winner being chosen by our staff on the first week of July.
- Min Age:
- Max Age:
- 1. Interested applicants must be between the ages of 15 to 25, and must be currently enrolled in either the High School or College level
2. This is a global competition open to all site members, with possible course and school recipients not only being limited to the United States
3. Essay entries must be sent to our site before the 1st of June 2018, with the corresponding files sent at 2018Scholarship@GeekExtreme.com
4. Students wanting to participate are required to include at least one Letter of Recommendation along with their entry
5. All interested students currently under any major or field can apply for the scholarship. To be able to join in the contest however, the student must demonstrate the need for financial assistance in their current studies.
6. Remember: all essays should be your original work, written by you and not ordered on the side. Don’t plagiarize – think twice before you pay for essay writing services.
- Special Criteria:
- Each entry must be approximately one page in length and can be written in either the Spanish or English language. Essays need to be 500 words or more, and must revolve around the topic of the contest: Discuss and expand on an idea you have for using/integrating modern everyday technology in order to help improve an ongoing environmental concern, either on a specific locale or on a global scale.
Along with the essay, send an application form that includes the following:
• Your name and contact information
• The current school you are attending (recipient of the scholarship) along with their contact information and significant people involved
• A letter of reference written in either Spanish or English
• A paragraph that talks in detail about why you need the scholarship