Crave Canada $500 Scholarship (ID 3464)
- Start Date:
- We have all been there: the daily struggle of waking up early in a cold morning, rushing through breakfast to get to the station; attending a monotonous schedule of one class after another, racking your brain over agonizingly complex data, and ending the school day by studying your notes deep into the night. Before you know it, the alarm clock rings again, and you will have to do the exact same routine for the day all over again. Sometimes the trek towards that ominous diploma can be rather tiring, while some even consider it a relentless and lingering source of stress altogether. Some days, it feels like school duties, and the paperwork that comes with it, never seem to have an end in sight. But at the end of the day, education has always been – and will always be – a key factor in determining someone’s potential in life. A solid educational background can be an extremely valuable ace against a very competitive market, and it can pave the way through the common rabble and get you to where you want to be in life.
Here at CraveCanada, we know the value of education and how it can affect your future plans and the possibility of achieving your aspirations. We also know, however, that finishing one’s studies may prove to be quite a challenge for a student in the form of time constraints, energy, and more importantly, on a financial standpoint. Expenses come in all shapes and sizes when you are studying, and even after graduating the problems surrounding monetary concerns still linger like an ever-present dark cloud in the horizon. From student lodging, food allowance, travel expenses, textbooks for each and every subject that you take, and at most places, the school fees themselves – it can be a tough and uncertain road ahead financially. It can sometimes feel overwhelming for any student from any level of society. Sometimes you just need a helping hand to get you through the rough patches in life. Sometimes, all you need is just a small bit of stable ground to plant your feet on.
We are proud to open an annual contest with the goal of assisting students with their academic expenses wherever they may be in the world. Write an essay and you may win a 500 USD scholarship for any school of your choice! The challenge we are offering is a simple one. Tell us what simple action or routine you do, when adapted as a part of every student’s daily schedule, can help alleviate the stresses and adversities that plague the student life inside the halls of the academy. Impress us with your idea and your passion for learning, and you just might be selected as the winner of this yearly event! The winner gets 500 USD for the school of their choice, which they can use in that institution for whatever purpose they see fit. The deadline will be the 1st of June annually, with one winner being chosen by our staff on the first week of July.
- Min Age:
- Max Age:
- 1. Interested applicants must be between the ages of 15 to 25, and must be currently enrolled in either the High School or College level
2. This is a global competition open to all site members, with possible course and school recipients not only being limited to the United States or Canada
3. Essay entries must be sent to our site before the 1st of June 2018, with the corresponding files sent at 2018Scholarship@CraveCanada.com
4. Students wanting to participate are required to include at least one Letter of Recommendation along with their entry
5. All interested students currently under any major or field can apply for the scholarship. To be able to join in the contest however, the student must demonstrate the need for financial assistance in their current studies.
- Special Criteria:
- Each entry must be approximately one page in length and can be written in either the Spanish or English language. Essays need to be 500 words or more, and must revolve around the topic of the contest: Discuss what simple action or routine you do that, when adapted as a part of every student’s daily schedule, can help alleviate the stresses of academic life.
Along with the essay, send an application form that includes the following:
• Your name and contact information
• The current school you are attending (recipient of the scholarship) along with their contact information and significant people involved
• A letter of reference written in either Spanish or English
• A paragraph that talks in detail about why you need the scholarship