The Way.com College Scholarship Program (ID 3339)
- Start Date:
- The Way.com College Scholarship Program
Way.com cares about your education. If you meet the criteria, you could win a $3,000 scholarship for school.
As part of our commitment to improve the education of students all over the world, we are offering a semi-annual college scholarship. To be eligible, you must be a student currently enrolled (or who plans to enroll within 1 calendar year) at a national or international university.
We’ll award a $3,000 USD scholarship to one selected winner every 6 months.
You must write a 750-1,000 word essay on subject "The future of Internet Retail"
Until recently globalization only affected manufacturers in industrialized countries such as Australia Canada, England, Germany and the USA. With cheaper labor and less regulations in emerging economies, manufacturers in industrialized countries were forced to either shut down or move their manufacturing plants to countries that offered them the advantages of cheap labor and less regulations.
Today the Internet gives consumers access to products from around the world, putting retailers in a position of shuttering their brick and mortar locations. In a concise essay answer these questions. Write an essay on your theory of the future of Internet Retailing encompassing these 4 points of discussion.
1. How will continued retail sales via the internet affect established retailers.
2. Does Internet Shopping produce more competition or less? Why?
3. Will Internet retail giants get traditional retailers to become extinct, or will their growth cause more opportunities for niche retailers?
4. Explore the effects giant internet retail monopolies will have on consumer prices and how it will affect local and regional economies.
- Min Age:
- Max Age:
- By participating in our scholarship, you agree to our terms and conditions.
• Only graduating seniors in high school, freshmen, sophomores, under graduate in college between the ages of 16 and 25 are eligible to win.
• We reserve the right to verify any information provided. If you do not comply with our requests for information within the deadlines provided, you will be automatically disqualified.
• Your participation in our scholarship constitutes your consent for us to use your essay and personal information for the purpose of offering the scholarship and reporting to tax authorities where required.
• There is no cost to apply for this scholarship. We will not request for any monies from you.
• We will review all submissions but will only contact the winner. We reserve the right not to respond to any enquiries asking us if we have received your application.
• It is our sole discretion in choosing who to award the scholarship and the winner may not be announced in public.If there are less than 10 applicants to the scholarship in any semi annual period, we may elect not award the scholarship.
• The terms of this scholarship may be changed by us without any due notice.