The Modern Scholar $1000 scholarship (ID 3336)
- Start Date:
- We are supported by readers purchasing products we test. When you buy products with our links, we earn a commission. Questions? See how Modern Castle works.
Welcome to Modern Castle! At Modern Castle we see ourselves as educators and researchers of all things home. So for us, information, knowledge, and the ability to communicate and pass it on to others is incredibly important.
The entire team at Modern Castle was fortunate enough to be able to attend 4-year universities. It’s our hope that we can help support others to pursue their dreams through higher education and life-long learning.
To enter for a chance to win the Modern Castle $1,000 scholarship please create a short video (no longer than 5 minutes) answering the following questions:
• While you were growing up, what aspects of your home felt modern?
• What technological trends do you think will most dramatically impact the way the modern home runs in the future?
• What aspects of the home do you feel are most in need of modernization? Using current and / or near-future technology, how would you modernize it?
Please upload your video to YouTube and email the video link here.
The winning video submission will be the video that best answers the above questions in the most interesting, entertaining, informative, creative, and engaging way. Below are a few other tips for your submission:
• The video should be a maximum of 5 minutes long.
• Video production quality counts. Don’t film on portrait (unless you have a good reason).
• Don’t simply talk into a web cam or your cell phone for 5 minutes straight. Mix it up a bit with interesting elements, change shooting angles, and use creative graphics to help engage the viewer.
• Don’t read off of an obvious script in front of you.
• Make it fun!
- Min GPA:
- To be eligible to win the Modern Castle scholarship applicants must be:
• A currently enrolled high school (or home-schooled) senior planning on attending an accredited post-secondary institution in the US in the following year OR an undergraduate student currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution in the US
• Anticipating competition of high school diploma at the time of this application (or already enrolled in an acredited post-secondary institution in the US)
• Grade point average of at least 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
• US Citizen
The winner applicant must be able and willing to verify their acceptance or concurrent enrollment into the school of their choice. The winning applicant must also be able and willing to verify their grade point average, diploma (if necessary), and US citizenship status.