PayScale's Women In STEM Scholarship (ID 2647)
- Start Date:
- A scholarship award of $2,000 to two individuals.
- PayScale research proves time after time again that the number of women choosing to enter STEM fields is lower than ever. That’s why we created the annual Women in STEM scholarship, to help encourage young women to enter the fields of science, technology, engineering and math. The Women in STEM scholarship is currently accepting applications and will close on January 31st, 2018 at 11:59pm
Women are underrepresented in some of the highest paying jobs in America. Specifically jobs in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math. Because of this, we’re again launching our annual Women in STEM scholarship competition to help current or college-bound women perusing STEM degrees. We’re offering two scholarship awards of $2,000 which will be given to two deserving women to put towards their college education.
- 1. The annual scholarship award is for two (2) students enrolled in an associate, bachelor's or graduate level program in a science, technology, engineering or math related major. The applicant must have accepted an offer of admission or be attending classes at an accredited college or university before the award is granted.
2. Employees of PayScale and members of their immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, of such employees, are not eligible to apply.
3. Applicants must complete the official application, which includes a 300- to 500-word essay on the selected topic and agree to terms of the Official Scholarship Award Agreement on the last section of the application.
4. The Scholarship will be awarded to one student who meets the selection criteria, as determined by PayScale, and writes the most compelling essay on the selected topic as judged by a panel of PayScale employees and/or representatives selected by PayScale.