A Place for Mom's Senior Wisdom Video Scholarship (ID 2608)
- Start Date:
- A Place for Mom is proud to offer a scholarship to university students interested in the fields of aging and gerontology. As North America's largest senior living referral service, we know the importance of supporting the training and education of our future senior care leaders.
This scholarship will be awarded to a citizen or a Permanent Resident of the United States or Canada (excluding Quebec) who is enrolled and currently taking classes at an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada (excluding Quebec), and will grant selected applicants a $1,000 financial donation for their compelling submissions on senior living.
- The annual scholarship award is for four students enrolled in a certificate, associates's degree, bachelor's degree or graduate level program in a medical, nursing or social sciences related major. The student must be planning on pursuing a career that involves working with senior citizens. The applicant must be attending classes at an accredited college or university at the time of application.
Employees of A Place for Mom and members of their immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, of such employees, are not eligible to apply.
Applicants must submit all the required materials listed under “Instructions for Applicants and How to Apply”
Scholarship will be awarded to four students who submit the most compelling video as judged by a panel of senior living professionals.
Award Amount: $1,000 awarded to four individuals, and then another $1,000 to the “Best of 2018” to be awarded to one of the previous year’s four Scholarship recipients.
- Special Criteria:
- • The Video must capture the theme of “The Value of Seniors in Our Lives and Benefits to Society.”
• The Video should share a story or host an interview with a senior who has inspired you. As part of the video presentation, share how a senior or a group of seniors has inspired you and how these types of connections or relationships provide a long-term benefit for our society. Outlined below are some questions you can consider as part of your video submissions:
- How has your relationship with this senior changed your outlook on life?
- What have you learned from this senior that will enable you to be a better caregiver in the future?
- What lessons can we as a society learn about the value of having strong relationships with seniors?
• The Video must be at least 2 minutes, and no more than 3 minutes.
• The Video should have good production quality (images, sound, etc.); the Video doesn’t have to be polished, but needs to be well put together.
• The Video may include other people, but the Applicant must have permission from all individuals who appear in or are mentioned in the Video to use their name, voice and/or image. If they are not willing, please do not use them in the Video. If requested, Applicants must be able to provide A Place for Mom with such permission on a form acceptable to A Place for Mom.
• The Video may not:
- Contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
- Feature brand names or trademarks.
- Contain artwork not created by the Applicant
- Contain copyrighted music without permission or licensing for use in this Application.