2019 Thomas L. Dickson $1000 Scholarship (ID 2389)
- Start Date:
- At the Dickson Frohlich Law Office, we understand the value of a college education as well as the financial difficulties many students and families may face in financing one. We understand from experience, attorneys have all attended nationally recognized educations, including Brigham Young University, Gonzaga, and George Washington University. Additionally, we appreciate the fact that we would not be where we are today without education and, importantly, not without the help and support of others. In an effort to help other aspiring young students realize their dream of obtaining a college degree, the Dickson Frohlich is pleased to announce the creation of the annual Thomas L. Dickson $1,000 scholarship available to current college students or those planning on attending a college or university in the fall of 2019.
- Min Age:
- The winner of the Thomas L. Dickson scholarship contest will be chosen by our attorneys based on participation in a video essay contest. In addition to writing an essay, participants are required to meet the following eligibility requirements a well:
• Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college in the US or are planning to matriculate in the fall of 2019.
• Must be in good academic standing if currently enrolled in college or high school
• If an applicant is under 18, the permission of a parent or guardian
- Special Criteria:
- The Essay Topic
The video essay should respond to the following question:
Washington is America’s Top State for Business in 2017
In 2017, Washington was America’s Top State for Business. Washington has the highest concentration of STEM (science, technology, education and math) workforce and one of the largest increases of economic growth of any state at nearly 2 ½ times the national average.
If a group of four entrepreneurs were to start a technology-based consulting company, which business entity should they choose to form, and why?