AVACARE MEDICAL SCHOLARSHIP (ID 2351)
- Start Date:
- The AvaCare Medical Scholarship recognizes those who are working to better the lives of our customers, students who are pursuing a degree in the medical field, with a prize of $1000 toward college tuition. This scholarship is awarded annually to one submission that tells about an inspiring act of kindness. AvaCare Medical judges will choose five to ten finalists, whose work will then be posted on our website. Voting will be open on our website and on social media, and the scholarship winner will be chosen based on a combination of judges’ scores and the number of votes.
- Applicants for the AvaCare Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Citizen of the United States or in possession of an Alien Registration Card
- High school senior or enrolled in an accredited U.S. college or university
- Achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Pursuing a degree in the medical field such as therapy, nursing, medicine, nutrition, laboratory science, dentistry, etc.
- Special Criteria:
- Your submission should be about an act of kindness that inspired you.* Submissions should be your own unique work and cannot be published anywhere else online.
You may choose to complete any one of the following projects:
- Blog post - up to 800 words (relevant pictures may be included)
- Video - up to 1.5 minutes, in one of the following formats: .mov, .mp4, .m4v, .flv, .3gp, .avi, .wmv
- Image - up to 8.5” x 11”, along with a short description
Finalists will be chosen by AvaCare Scholarship judges and notified after the submission deadline has passed. If your submission was chosen as one of our finalists, be sure to reach out to your family, friends and social media contacts and ask them to go to our site and vote for your submission.
- All projects must be emailed or postmarked by December 15, 2016.
- Submissions will be judged on content, creativity and quality of work.
- Submissions containing grammatical or spelling errors, or any inappropriate language or content may not be considered.
- AvaCare Medical reserves the right to publish any submissions, including, but not limited to, the winning submissions.