Goedekers Appliances Annual Public Service College Book Scholarship (ID 1819)
- Start Date:
- $500 (one award)
$100 (two awards)
- Goedeker’s is endlessly thankful for the service of those who keep our nation running smoothly and strive to ensure that each of us is protected and safe from harm.
There are already holidays dedicated to the recognition of our troops, of course, but they deserve more than that. Their families would benefit more from tangible blessings, instead of just a courtesy nod.
Those who balance serving our country with a desire to further their education deserve our utmost respect and any help we can give them. That is why we would like to extend a special scholarship to people who are employed in public service positions in particular. This includes:
-Federal, state, and local government employees
-Police officers and firefighters
-Active military, reserves, and veterans
-Public school teachers
-Employees of non-profit organizations
These awards extend to their immediate family as well.
Scholarship Awards Given
The grand prize is a $500 scholarship. Two $100 honorable mention scholarships will also be awarded.
This scholarship applies toward the fall 2016 semester. It is not meant to cover the expenses of summer classes.
These scholarships will be granted through our contest annually.
1) Essay length should be 300 words minimum
2) Clear contact information (name, mailing address, preferred means of contact)
3) A few sentences about yourself and a recent photo of yourself which will be used for publicity purposes on the Goedeker’s Home Life blog
4) Proof that you are enrolled in an accredited college for the spring 2016 semester OR proof that you are registered for classes at an accredited college for the fall 2016 semester
5) Proof that you or a member of your immediate family is employed in a position of public service, such as a letter from your/their employer or a copy of your/their most recent pay stub
6) For family members of public service employees: provide proof of relation
7) For veterans: provide proof of previous service
- Content CreatorPublic Relations Specialist
- Liz Carroll
- Contact Notes:
- Please attach the items listed above to an email and send them to email@example.com. For the subject line, write “Public Service Scholarship Entry - (your name).
- Any person in a public service position that is enrolled in an accredited college is eligible to participate. This includes government employees, police officers, firefighters, non-profit employees, active members of the military, reserves, and veterans. Spouses and children of these public service employees are also eligible.
You must either be enrolled for the spring 2016 or registered for the fall 2016 semester. Being enrolled in summer classes does not make you eligible to enter.