Davis-Putter Scholarship Fund (ID 1746)
- Start Date:
- The Davis-Putter Scholarship Fund aids people active in movements for social and economic justice. These need-based scholarships are awarded to students who are able to do academic work at the college or university level or are enrolled in a trade or technical program and who are active in the progressive movement. Early recipients worked for civil rights, against McCarthyism and for peace in Vietnam. Recent grantees have been active in the struggle against racism, sexism, homophobia and other forms of oppression; building the movement for economic justice; and creating peace through international anti-imperialist solidarity. Applicants must have participated in activities in the US, and there is a strong preference for applicants who plan on working in this country.
The maximum grant available from the Davis-Putter Scholarship Fund is $10,000 per year (from July 1 through June 30). Grants are disbursed to cover each separate semester, quarter or term during which the grantee is attending school. Grants must be used in the year they are awarded and cannot be deferred or carried over. Recipients must reapply each year support is sought. Applications must be submitted no later than April 1. Applicants will be informed of decisions in July.
- Davis-Putter Scholarship Fund
- Post Office Box 7307
- New York
- Contact Notes:
- Submit all three packets and the photograph in one envelope by first-class U.S. Mail to: Davis-Putter Scholarship Fund Post Office Box 7307 New York, NY 10116-7307
- Financial Need:
- These need-based scholarships are awarded to students who are able to do academic work at the college or university level or are enrolled in a trade or technical program and who are active in the progressive movement.
- Special Criteria:
- Before completing the application, the applicant should read these instructions and the answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs). Applicants must complete the official application form and submit the required documentation. Applications are available at www.davisputter.org in January of each year until March 31. The official application should be completed and submitted online. The application link, instructions and FAQs are available at http://www.davisputter.org/apply/apply-for-scholarships/