Oregon Nurses Foundation - Centennial Scholarship (ID 1261)
- Start Date:
- The fund was established in 2004 to commemorate the centennial of the Oregon Nurses Association. Scholarships are awarded to individuals who have been accepted and are enrolled in the nursing program of study. This scholarship is open to students from any accredited nursing program in Oregon and is given out 2 times per year in $1,000 awards. A subcommittee of the ONF Board awards the Centennial Education Scholarships.
The critical elements that the application review committee will evaluate are commitment to nursing practice in Oregon; leadership abilities and experiences; experiences with other cultures, minority groups, and underserved populations; and explanation of need for scholarship funds.
- Oregon Nurses Foundation
- 18765 SW Boones Ferry Rd. Ste. 200
- (503) 293-0011
- Contact Notes:
- Where to Send the Application: Via email: Ferguson@oregonRN.org Via postal mail: Oregon Nurses Foundation 18765 SW Boones Ferry Rd., Ste. 200, Tualatin, OR 97062 Questions??? Contact ONA Professional Services at: 503-293-0011 or email email@example.com.
- Min GPA:
- Nursing/Medical Assistant
- 1. Applicant must be accepted into or enrolled in an accredited nursing program in Oregon.
2. Applicant must provide a Letter of Acceptance into the nursing program.
3. A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) in nursing of 3.0 or greater. Applicant must provide a signed
GPA form from the Registrar, and obtain OFFICIAL transcripts of all college coursework.
4. The critical elements of the application review are:
a) Leadership abilities and experiences (35%)
b) Experiences with other cultures, minority groups, and underserved populations (30%)
c) Career plans in nursing (30%)
d) Reason(s) for needing Centennial Education Scholarship funds (5%)
5. Consideration of geographical location in the state of Oregon will be made when choosing recipients.
6. Submit the completed application, using instructions listed under each section.