Elks National Foundation - The Legacy Awards (ID 1198)
- Start Date:
- Legacy Awards are $4,000 scholarships ($1,000 year for four years).
- Legacy Awards are $4,000 scholarships for children and grandchildren of Elks members. The Foundation will offer a total of 300 awards in the 2019 contest.
- Elks National Foundation
- 2750 N. Lakeview Ave.
- (773) 755-4732
- Who is Eligible?
1. For the 2019 contest, any child or grandchild (or step-child, step-grandchild, or legal ward) of a living Elk who joined the order on or before April 1, 2016, or a charter member of a Lodge that was instituted on or after April 1, 2016, is eligible to apply. The Elk must also be a paid-up member through March 31, 2019. Great-grandchildren are not eligible.
2. The applicant must be a high school senior.
3. The applicant must apply online only. The 2019 Legacy Awards application deadline is 11:59 a.m. Central Time on Friday, February 1, 2018.
4. If the applicant's parent and grandparent are both Elk members, the applicant must apply through the parent's Elks Lodge.
5. Applicants must take the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or the American College Test (ACT) by December 31, 2018.
6. Students may apply for more than one ENF scholarship; however, they may win only one. In cases where the student qualifies for more than one, we will award the scholarship with the greater value. Students can accept local and state scholarships, which are separate from the awards at the national level.
7. Legacy Awards may only be applied to accredited US American schools, colleges or universities. (Note: Applicants from Guam, Panama, Puerto Rico and the Philippines may apply Legacy Awards toward schools, colleges or universities in their respective homes.)
8. If you are selected as a 2019 Legacy Awards recipient, you will be required to perform service once a year with an Elks Lodge during the four years you are receiving the scholarship.
- Special Criteria:
- Out of 300 Legacy Awards, 7 will be available for Oregonians.