Boren Scholarship (ID 1005)
- Start Date:
- Maximum scholarship awards are:
•$8,000 for a summer program (special initiative for STEM students only; 8 weeks minimum)
•$10,000 for a semester
•$20,000 for a full academic year
- Boren Scholarships, an initiative of the National Security Education Program, provide unique funding opportunities for U.S. undergraduate students to study less commonly taught languages in world regions critical to U.S. interests, and underrepresented in study abroad, including Africa, Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Eurasia, Latin America, and the Middle East. The countries of Western Europe, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand are excluded.
- Boren Scholarship Fellowships Institute of International Education
- Judy Irwin
- Judy Irwin
- 1400 K Street NW 6th Floor
- 1 (800) 618-6377
- Financial Need:
- A U.S. citizen at the time of application.
A high school graduate, or have earned a GED, and are matriculated in an undergraduate degree program in a U.S. post-secondary institution, including universities, colleges and community colleges accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Applying to engage in a study abroad experience in a country outside of Western Europe, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand that meets home institution standards.
Planning to use the scholarship for study abroad, and the study abroad program ends before you graduate. Boren Scholarships are not for study in the United States.
- Special Criteria:
- Please visit the website; it has a lot of good information to go through to understand this opportunity more.