Lambda Theta Nu Sorority Inc. - Latina Scholarship Program (ID 1464)
- Start Date:
- It is our pleasure to inform you about Lambda Theta Nu Sorority, Incorporated’s Latina Scholarship Program. Lambda Theta Nu Sorority, Incorporated was established to assist and encourage members in the advancement of higher education, dedication to community service, and to provide an environment for
personal growth within a unit of sisterhood. Furthermore, Lambda Theta Nu is committed to the empowerment of all Latinos. In keeping with our mission, we have established a National Latina Scholarship Fund with the goal of assisting high school women to pursue their own educational goals. In keeping with the sorority's ideals, each chapter of the sorority awards a scholarship to a Latina High School student exemplifying these ideals. Applicants must be a Latina student entering college as a freshman in the Fall of 2013.
1. Applicant must be a female of Latino Heritage or be able to demonstrate dedication to community service and empowerment of the Latina(o) community.
2. Applicant must be a graduating senior in High School.
3. Applicant must plan to attend an accredited community college, university, technical or vocational school in the Fall of 2013.
1. Application must be typed or printed legibly and be filled out completely to be considered.
2. Submit a personal statement addressing the following: family background, scholarship achievements, educational and career goals, commitment to the Latino(o) community, financial need, and any other relevant information (2 pages max).
3. Submit one letter of recommendation from a high school administrator, teacher, or community leader.
4. Include a copy of your high school transcript.
- Special Criteria:
- Submission Instructions:
Scan all documents: Application form, Personal Statement, Recommender Form, Recommendation Letter and Copy of High School transcript into ONE PDF (adobe) document and email to local chapter at _____________ or to the national headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please only email to one address.