A.W. Bodine-Sunkist Memorial Scholarship (ID 1463)
- Start Date:
While the award amount may vary, it averages $2,000.00 per academic year.
- The Bodine-Sunkist scholarship honors the memory of Sunkist board vice chairman Arthur W. Bodine. Eligibility requirements include financial need and a family or personal involvement in California or Arizona agriculture. It is open to students entering any phase of their undergraduate college career, at any school, and in any field of study. Please remember that the student and/or a member of the immediate family (parents/siblings/grandparents) must be, have been or currently be involved in California or Arizona agriculture. The number of recipients varies each year, with selection based on factors such as financial need, grade point average, college board test scores, recommendations and an essay.
Since it was established in 1985, over 275 awards have been presented, many to students who are the first in their families to attend college. Sunkist is proud to play a role in the success of these outstanding young men and women.
If you or someone you know meets the agricultural, academic, and financial requirements and would like to apply, please open the link below to the scholarship application.
- Sunkist Growers
- AW Bodine Sunkist Memorial Scholarship Program
- P.O. Box 7888
- Van Nuys
- Contact Notes:
- Return your completed application to:
A.W. Bodine – Sunkist Memorial Scholarship Program
P.O. Box 7888
Van Nuys, CA 91409-7888
- Qualifications are:
1. A background in California or Arizona agriculture – the student or someone in the student’s immediate family must have derived the majority of his or her income from agriculture;
2. Financial need; and
3. GPA and extracurricular activities indicative of potential for success.
In addition, selection is based on a combination of college board test scores, an essay and references.
The scholarships are available to students entering any undergraduate grade level who are enrolled in or have applications pending at an accredited college and plan to pursue a course of study leading to a recognized degree.
- Special Criteria:
- A complete application package is essential for consideration. Students must complete the confidential application which includes:
– Personal and financial information – including the most recent tax return (students under 21must attach their parents’ tax returns);
– A written essay discussing personal and agricultural background;
– Transcripts of grades and college board test scores; and
– Two references from teachers, school administrators, employers or community organizers.
Scholarships are renewable, based on an annual review, for up to four years of full-time undergraduate study, and it may be extended under special circumstances. The recipients must maintain good academic and disciplinary standings, carry at least 12 graded units per term and earn a minimum 2.7 grade point average.