OSAC - Merchant Marine - American Merchant Marine Veterens - Stuart Slattery Memorial (ID 1403)
- Start Date:
- Open to graduating seniors of Bandon, Brookings-Harbor, Coquille, Glide, Gold Beach, Marshfield, North Bend, Oregon Coast Technology, Pacific, or Reedsport High School.
Preference: See Merchant Marine listing #282; to qualify for preference, you must apply for scholarship code #282 and provide appropriate information
- Oregon Student Access Commission
- 1500 Valley River Drive Suite 100
- (541) 687-7400
- Toll Free:
- 1 (800) 452-8807
- (541) 687-7414
- •Graduating seniors of Bandon, Brookings-Harbor, Coquille, Glide, Gold Beach, Marshfield, North Bend, Oregon Coast Technology, Pacific, or Reedsport High School
•Preference: Descendants (children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews) of American Merchant Marine or U.S. Navy Armed Guard veterans
•Colleges: Public and nonprofit only
•FAFSA: Required - based on financial need
• Additional requirement: Specify relationship to veteran and branch of service
• Additional document: Submit documentation of veteran status (preferably the six-digit "Z" number issued by the Coast Guard or discharge papers). If the document contains a social security number (SSN), black out the first 5 digits of the SSN before scanning or copying.
- Special Criteria:
- This scholarship is one of hundreds that you may be eligible for with OSAC. The application process requires that you complete one application which then matches you with all OSAC scholarships that you may qualify for. Please refer to other OSAC scholarship opportunities listed on RCC’s Scholarship Central AND the OSAC website at: http://www.oregonstudentaid.gov/scholarships.aspx
February 15 Early Bird Review Deadline-
Receive an early application review and a chance to win a $500 scholarship if you submit your completed and error-free OSAC application by this date. If errors are found, you will receive an opportunity to make corrections.
March 1 FINAL Deadline-
Submit your OSAC scholarship application online by March 1 by 5:00 p.m. PST.