OSAC - Oregon Student Access Commission (ID 1386)
- Start Date:
- Varies per specific scholarship.
- It's no surprise that the cost of a postsecondary education, whether it's a vocational, four-year, or graduate program, is steadily increasing and becoming a greater financial burden to Oregon students and families. The Oregon Student Access Commission (OSAC) can help. Through grant programs, scholarships, precollege mentoring, and financial aid outreach programs, OSAC assists Oregonians in their pursuit of a college education and a brighter future.
Established in 1959 by the Oregon Legislature, OSAC continues to provide innovative programs to thousands of Oregon students and families to ensure access to postsecondary education. Each year, OSAC awards grants and scholarships of more than $118 million to thousands of Oregon students in their quest to achieve a college education.
As a national leader in public/private partnerships of scholarship and innovate outreach programs, OSAC administers the following programs: Scholarships, the Oregon Opportunity Grant, the Chafee Grant, the Childcare Grant, ASPIRE (Access to Student assistance Programs In Reach of Everyone) as well as smaller funding programs.
More than 400 scholarship opportunities await you!
- Oregon Student Access Commission
- 1500 Valley River Dr. Suite 100
- (541) 687-7400
- Toll Free:
- 1 (800) 452-8807
- (541) 687-7414
- You don't need to be a merit scholar or a student with financial need to apply for OSAC scholarships. All types of scholarships are available. Many are based on criteria such as, the high school you attended, your academic interests, your school and community activities, or your career goals. Some require a minimum GPA and others require no GPA whatsoever. There are more than 400 scholarships and you may qualify! But you won't know unless you apply.
Start searching for OSAC scholarships by clicking the "Apply Here" button online at the website! Deadline to apply is March 1 each year.
Available online is specific eligibility criteria as well as an OSAC Scholarship Catalog that provides eligibility criteria for the specific scholarships.
- Special Criteria:
•Help pay your college expenses including tuition and fees, room and board, and books and supplies
•Reduce your student loan debt
•Honor your achievements
OSAC awards more than $15 million in scholarships annually. Award amounts range from $500 to $10,000 or more.