Americanism Essay Contest (ID 1371)
- Start Date:
- FRA's Essay Contest is open to all students grades 7 through 12 (including those who are home schooled).
- FRA AMERICANISM ESSAY CONTEST RULES
• All entrants shall be students in grades seven through twelve (or equivalent).
• Entrants must be sponsored by a branch of the Fleet Reserve Association or a unit of the Ladies Auxiliary.
• The essay shall be on the theme designated and shall not exceed 350 words.
• The essay shall be legibly written or typed on one side of the paper.
• A student may submit only one entry each year.
• Each entry must be accompanied by a separate sheet stating: the entrant’s name; address; zip code; telephone number; school grade (or equivalent); name of school or the words “home schooled;” student’s Social Security Number (optional); number of words in essay; and the sponsoring branch/unit or sponsor’s name.
• If selected a “contest winner,” the student’s Social Security Number shall be provided for the sole purpose of complying with the rules of issuance of a U.S. Savings Bond.
• Entries submitted to branches shall be submitted to the Branch Americanism-Patriotism Committee and postmarked not later than December 1, for judging at the branch level.
• Entries sponsored by membership at large members shall be submitted to the national chairman and forwarded to an appropriate branch for judging in their respective grade group. All entries shall be postmarked not later than December 1.
• All entries become the property of the Fleet Reserve Association.