National Dairy Promotion and Research Board NDB Undergraduate Scholarship Program (ID 1357)
- Start Date:
- The National Dairy Promotion and Research Board (NDPRB), through Dairy Management Inc. (DMI), annually awards up to 19 $1,500 scholarships to eligible undergraduate students (sophomore through senior) enrolled in college/university programs that emphasize dairy.
Majors include: communications/public relations, journalism, marketing, business, economics, nutrition, food science, and Ag education. In addition, the NDPRB awards a $2,500 James H. Loper Jr. Memorial Scholarship to the outstanding scholarship recipient.
Scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement, an interest in a career in a dairyrelated discipline, and demonstrated leadership, initiative and integrity. Candidates are expected to complete an application form, submit an official transcript of all college courses, and write a short statement describing their career aspirations, dairy-related activities and work experiences.
The application information is evaluated by a NDPRB Scholarship Committee composed of an external review panel and at least two Board members. The recommendations of the Scholarship Committee are summarized by NDPRB staff and the scholarships are then awarded.
- co Jolene Griffin Dairy Management Inc
- 10255 W. Higgins Road Suite 900
- Toll Free:
- 1 (847) 627-3320
- Contact Notes:
- Completed applications should be submitted to the NDPRB c/o Jolene Griffin, Dairy
Management Inc., 10255 W. Higgins Road, Suite 900, Rosemont, IL 60018-5615, they are to be postmarked by April 15, 2013.
Questions regarding this application or regarding the NDPRB scholarship program can be directed to Jolene Griffin at 847/627-3320, or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
1. Academic performance.
2. Courses related to dairy.*
3. Apparent commitment to a career in dairy.
4. Involvement in extra-curricular activities, especially those relating to dairy.
5. Evidence of leadership ability, initiative, character and integrity.
Students may be awarded scholarships in multiple years. Scholarship winners must be enrolled during the entire academic year for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Special Criteria:
- The application and necessary documents must be stapled or bound together. Each application must be accompanied by:
1. An official transcript of all completed university credits.
2. A letter of recommendation from a faculty member (other than department head/
chairperson) familiar with the applicant’s scholastic performance. The letter should
include an appraisal of the applicant’s academic ability, interest in dairy communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, business, economics, food science, nutrition, or Ag education, leadership ability, initiative, character and integrity.