Gloria and Joseph Mattera National Scholarship Fund for Migrant Children (ID 1355)
- Start Date:
- Grant amounts are determined by the Screening Committee on the basis of
background in migrant farmwork, financial need and potential of the youth. The
Fund grants approximately 100 awards annually ranging from $150 to $500.
- To assist financially those migrant farmworker youth who have the potential and desire to further their education to achieve their personal and career goals.
- Geneseo Migrant Center
- Gloria and Joseph Mattera National Scholarship Fund
- 3 Mt. Morris - Leicester Road
- Toll Free:
- (800) 245-5681
Recent history of movement for agricultural employment -priority will be given to currently interstate migrant youth
Enrolled in or accepted at an accredited public or private college, technical
or vocational school, or a dropout or a potential dropout from high school who shows promise of ability to continue schooling
- Special Criteria:
- Application Process:
A completed application form must be accompanied by:
• a letter of recommendation from a school, community or educational agency representative with a personal knowledge of the applicant’s character, educational commitment and financial need;
• applicant’s personal essay telling about his/her background, career and
personal goals and indicating why he/she should receive this assistance;
• proof that the student has been admitted to the school chosen.
• a copy of the applicant’s current or most recent Migrant Education Program Certificate of Eligability (COE)
There is no deadline for applications which are reviewed on a case by case basis.
Students may reapply annually but are limited to one award per 12 month period.